Blaye côte de Bordeaux
Built in the early 17th century, Château Pardaillan belonged to Louis d’Aulède de Pardaillan. Partly demolished during the French Revolution, it became the property of the Dupeyrat family, who gradually rebuilt it. The present-day château dates from 1802.
It is a beautiful building protected by two towers, and surrounded by a terrace facing the village of Cars. This estate is situated on one of the most beautiful hillsides of Blaye. Its clay-limestone soil is particularity rich in clay. Merlot thrives here, and expresses itself beautifully in a strong, elegant wine.
Since 1975, vines at Château Pardaillan have been tended with a very environmentally-friendly approach according to the principles of sustainable viticulture. The steep slope makes this vineyard particularly challenging to cultivate.
The wine's softness and flavor are very much in balance. It has an intense ruby-red colour and the fruity bouquet also shows subtle, well-integrated oak. Thanks to its geographical situation, Château Pardaillan was one of the first great wines of Blaye.
Rich and well-structured, Château Pardaillan marries well with red meat (especially rib steak), but also grilled or marinated meats and cheeses.
Château Pardaillan is the ideal wine for good everyday food.
- 37.07 acres
- Merlots : 90%
- Cabernet-Sauvignon : 5%
- Malbec : 5%
- 12 months in oak barrels